Randy Flood is credentialed as a Limited Licensed Psychologist and holds an MA in Counseling Psychology. He has provided specialized evaluation and counseling services for men since 1992. He joined The Fountain Hill Center in 2000 and also serves as Director of the Men’s Resource Center of West Michigan, an organization he co-founded in 2000 with fellow therapist Charlie Donaldson.
- Body/Mind Integration
- Childhood Trauma
- Couples Counseling
- Divorce Coaching
- Family Counseling
- LGBTQ+ Support
- Life Coaching
- Pre-Marital & Marital Counseling
- Psychological Evaluations
- Expert Testimony
- Men’s Therapy & Assessments
- Parent-Child Reunification
- Parent Coordination
- Parenting Capacity Assessments
- Parenting Time/Custody Evaluations
- Therapeutic Supervised Parenting Time
- Substance Abuse Assessments
- Women’s Therapy & Assessments
Group Therapy Services:
In Randy’s Own Words:
I believe that sitting with individuals 1:1 and in groups while they share their pain, joy, fears, and passions is a privilege. It is soul work. This process of taking off the social mask, of leaving the security of familiar patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving, and placing oneself deeper into vulnerability, takes courage. It also takes safety, trust and accountability.
The journey can be arduous and uncertain, and we often need a hand. This is where I can help. I continually evolve my practice in a way that provides clients the opportunity for healing and growth. This journey is possible when we feel understood and safe. We heal and grow when we emotionally and relationally stretch. This happens when we are challenged within a safe and therapeutic relationship.
I know it is important to be with a therapist or an evaluator who is skilled, trustworthy, and likable. As you continue to discern the goodness of fit, please note my areas of expertise below. I provide services in the areas of: families or relationships in conflict, psychological evaluation, men’s psycho-educational programming, and men’s psychotherapy.
- Specialized psycho-educational programming for men related to domestic abuse, anger management, sexual addiction, and fathering
- Individual counseling for clients experiencing relationship problems due to issues such as poor self-management, emotional awareness, and relational deficits
- Psychotherapy groups for men, including
- monthly transformational bodywork with Ken Porter
- co-therapy with Kerry Prior
- bi-annual extended group sessions with guest co-therapists
- Couples counseling to help individuals understand and thrive in the art of love and intimacy
- Psychological evaluations to assess parenting fitness, domestic abuse, anger, sexual acting out, parental alienation, and custody and parenting time arrangements
- Parenting coordination, to help divorced parents with the difficult task of co-parenting after divorce
- Consultation and trainings for schools, churches, and professional organizations on anti-bullying initiatives, men’s issues, domestic abuse, sexual addiction, custody and parenting time issues, and parental alienation vs. estrangement.
- “Stop Hurting the Woman You Love; Breaking the Cycle of Abusive Behavior” (Hazelden, 2006).
- “Mascupathy: Understanding and Healing the Malaise of American Masculinity” (2014).
Randy Flood Information
- 534 Fountain St NE,
- Phone Number:
- (616) 456-1178
- MA, LLP