Evaluator and Therapist; Director and Therapist, Men’s Resource Center at Fountain Hill.
I’ve been involved in counseling psychology since 1992. I joined the Center in 2000. I believe that sitting with individuals 1:1 and in groups while they share their pain, joy, fears and passions is a privilege. It is soul work: this process of taking off the social mask and placing oneself deeper into vulnerability takes courage, the journey of leaving the security of the familiar patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving to seeking new ways of living. It also takes safety, trust and accountability. The journey can be arduous, uncertain, and we often need a hand. This is where I can help. I continually evolve my practice in a way that provides clients the opportunity for healing and growth. This journey is possible when we feel understood and safe. We heal and grow when we emotionally and relationally stretch. This happens when we are challenged within a safe and therapeutic relationship. I know it is important to be with a therapist or an evaluator who is skilled, trustworthy, and likable. As you continue to discern the goodness of fit, please note my areas of expertise below. I provide services in the areas of families or relationships in conflict, psychological evaluation, men’s psycho-educational programming, and men’s psychotherapy.
- Specialized Psycho-educational Programming for Men related to domestic abuse, anger management, sexual addiction, and fathering.
- Individual Counseling for clients experiencing relationship problems due to issues such as poor self management, emotional awareness, and relationship deficits.
- Psychotherapy Groups for Men including Monthly Transformational Body Work with Ken Porter and Co-therapy with Kerry Prior, and Bi-annual Extended Group Sessions with Guest Co-Therapists.
- Couples Counseling to help individuals understand and thrive in art of love and intimacy.
- Psychological Evaluations to assess parenting fitness, domestic abuse, anger, sexual acting out, parental alienation, and custody and parenting time arrangements.
- Parenting Coordination to help divorced parents with the difficult task of co-parenting after marital dissolution.
- Consultation and trainings to schools, churches, and professional organizations on anti-bullying initiatives in schools, men’s issues, domestic abuse, sexual addiction, custody and parenting time issues, and parental alienation vs. estrangement.
- Co-author of the self-help book for men “Stop Hurting the Woman You Love; Breaking the Cycle of Abusive Behavior” published by Hazelden in 2006.
Recent Articles by Randy Flood
- Mid-life Crisis in Men: an Opportunity for Change - July 6th, 2012
- Why don’t the Rules of Football transfer to the Game of Life? - December 15th, 2011
- Where’s the Outrage When Adolescent Boys are Sexually Exploited in Media? - December 3rd, 2010
- More than 'goosing' reported at West Catholic High School-Psychologist: Behavior not 'normal' - April 20th, 2010
- Infidelity in the Digital Age - April 20th, 2010