Ellen Fix completed her Master in Social Work at Grand Valley State University in 1993. She is licensed in the State of Michigan as a Psychotherapist, a Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and a Neurotherapist (EEG Biofeedback-retraining brainwaves with computer software).
Ellen has the personal and professional experience to help individuals address a wide variety of diagnoses. Her philosophy is to support an individual’s recovery plan, providing treatment modalities, which are therapeutic, educational and diverse to support and enhance effective personal modification. These interventions include; Auricular Acupuncture (in the ear), Neurotherapy for improved brain function, Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), as well as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Ellen works with local physicians, to support and monitor ongoing medication management. She also has experience working with the legal system as she provides detailed Court Related Assessments and Driver License Assessments as required.
Ellen works to establish rapport with all clients as they can enter a therapeutic relationship that has caring, compassion, and competence as its foundation. Change is difficult and for those who seek help, should be able to obtain treatment in a healthy atmosphere. Ellen’s belief is “people don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care”.
- Master Level Social Worker
- EEG-biofeedback used to improve brain functioning
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Substance Abuse Assessments
- Pre-sentence and driver’s license reinstatement evaluations
- Court Related Assessments
- Certified Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (NAFDA #6869)
- Auricular 5-point protocol to support detoxification from addictive substances to reduce relapse.
Therapy Modalities include
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement and Desensitization Therapy (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Addiction: Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Family of Origin Issues: Adult Children of Alcoholics and/or Addictive behaviors.
- Adolescent Mood Disorders
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sexual Abuse – Survivors and Offenders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Ellen Fix LMSW accepts most insurance plans, is an Employee Assistance Provider (EAP), a State of Michigan Lawyer & Judges Assistance Program provider, and has evening and Saturday appointments available.
Recent Articles by Ellen Fix
- What exactly is a substance abuse assessment? - March 28th, 2013