Amy Van Gunst is the Executive Coordinator of the Fountain Hill Center and has been a therapist since 1994. She has the kind of experience, both in life and with clients, that allows her to help individuals and couples deal with a wide range of issues. She works with people in a collaborative way as they walk down their own journey of healing, facing the issues that confront them. She is able to use a variety of tools in that process and is eager to find what works the best for each person.
Amy received an M.Div. degree from Western Theological Seminary and is an ordained minister in the Reformed Church in America. She also received an M.A. in Counseling from Western Michigan University. Since then, Amy has pursued a number of post-graduate training opportunities that expand her ability to help people who are dealing with a wide variety of issues.
Amy seeks to provide a safe place where people can grow personally and spiritually themselves and within their relationships. Amy values each person and approaches people without judgment and with a high degree of respect.
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Individual, Group, and Marital Therapy
- Specializing in:
- Individual therapy
- Marital therapy
- Group therapy
- Trauma recovery
- Domestic violence
- Sexual abuse
- Court related services
- Divorce recovery
- Blended families
- Women’s issues
- Grief issues
- Divorce, Custody, and Parenting Time Services
Recent Articles by Amy Van Gunst
- Mental illness doesn't have to be a secret - October 18th, 2012
- New Staff Joining New Era-Lakeshore Office - January 28th, 2011
- Grand Rapids Therapy Office Provides Accessible and Affordable Counseling in New Era - January 28th, 2011